Thursday 31 March 2011

Topeak Aero Wedge Bike/ Saddle Pack

A bit of an impulse buy, but now wouldn't be without it!
This great sized little wedge pack fits snugly and well under my saddle, allowing me to carry essentials. In my Topeak Aero I carry a multi-tool, tyre levers, spare inner tube and compact rain jacket.
The inside design is great. Down either side there are slip pockets, for slimmer items. This is where I store my multi-tool and tyre levers. The main central section is quite wide and long and easily fits a spare inner tube and compact rain jacket. The back of opening also has a small netted pocket which I store my door key or loose change in.
The exterior of the wedge pack is very high quality material, with the sides and bottom made from 1000 denier fabric with a tough Teflon coating. Embroidered logo on the side and logo badge on the front opening.
A reflective 3M scotchlite strip is located on the front opening, just above tail light attachment strap or hook.
The zip is very well made and has a lining so no leaks or rain penetration so far!
A feature I really like is the tail light attachment strap. Works with a Topeak rear light and simply it allows you to quickly and easily locate your rear light via the supplied clip that comes with the rear light. The clip is ridged so it allows you to slip the clip easily down through the strap but it is quite difficult to slip upwards because of these grooves on the clip, so eliminating any worries of your rear light coming loose or vibrating off whilst you ride.
Fitting and locating the Topeak wedge pack to your bike is again very easy and straight-forward. Firstly you fit the well made fixing bracket to your saddle rails. This enables the pack to be slid on and removed very easily by a one handed operation. Additionally you secure the pack around your seat post with a Velcro strap.
What appeals to me is that I can load the pack with essentials and then forget about them knowing they are secure and safe. Plus whenever I arrive anywhere and need to secure my bike I can just remove the pack with my rear light quickly and easily.
Highly recommended, £15 very well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment