Friday 8 April 2011

Muc Off Cleaning

Riding my bike is always fun and enjoyable, whatever the weather! In the sunshine is best, but I am not adverse to going out in the cold or rain. But each of these different weathers conditions ensures one consistent result - unclean bike!
It might be the dust and dried dirt from a sunny ride across single track and trail-way, heavy gloppy mud or just grime spray from roads or cycleways. All guarantee one thing, once your ride is over your bike needs a clean and preparation before your next ride.
Now for some strange reason, I do not have a major issues with cleaning my bike after a ride, now that I have discovered the joys and simplicity of Muc Off!
Luckily and fortunately I was given my first Muc Off products as a present. It contain a set of brushes (x 4), sponge, Muc Off Bike Spray and the wonderfully bright pink Muc Off Nano Cleaner, all cleverly supplied in a black Muc Off case that doubles as a bucket, genius!
My routine when I return from a ride is as follows:

  1. Park bike and then give a general spray with water from the garden hose.
  2. Spray bike liberally with Muc Off Nano cleaner all over the bike - frame, wheels, tyres, disc brakes, forks, saddle, pedals, drive-train, gears etc.
  3. Go indoors and make a cup of tea
  4. Return to bike after drinking tea and then begin to scrub areas of my bike with the appropriate brush.
  5. Still be amazed how easy the dirt comes off after just spraying and leaving for about 10 minutes prior to scrubbing
  6. After scrubbing I then hose down a final time, before starting prep (chain, gears, frame, disc rotars etc) for my next ride. 
I can not recommend Muc Off products highly enough. There are great value for money, do an amazing job and are also environmentally friendly.
Subsequently I have purchased further Muc Off products (which I will blog about shortly) including:
  • Chain Doc
  • Disc Brake Cleaner
  • Chain Lube
Check out their website for a great range of products and more details 

No comments:

Post a Comment