Tuesday 17 May 2011

Muddy Fox Glasses from Sports Direct

Sports Direct is not my favorite shopping destination, but I did manage to spot and purchase a real bargain a few weeks ago.
A pair of Muddy Fox bike glasses, complete with case, cleaning cloth and 4 x inter-changeable lenses.
All for the amazingly low price of just £7.49. Now at this price I wasn't expecting a great deal of quality of durability, but I have been more than pleasantly surprised!
The frames are well designed and fairly light-weight. The individual lenses are fully inter-changeable and come with four options:

  • Clear
  • Tinted (black)
  • Yellow
  • Orange
I have used the clear and yellow lenses so far. Both have performed excellently. The nose piece is fairly comfortable and the arms grip the side of my head well.All round vision is good with no interference from the frame and even in hot conditions have never had any real issues with the lenses misting up.
My only advice or concern would be in relation to build quality if you changed the lenses on a regular basis as the flex in the frame is not great and maybe after a few regular lens changes might be liable to snapping. 
But at less than £8 you could always buy a second set and have the different lenses options. Well worth considering as a great starting set of cycle-specific glasses.

1 comment: