Friday 20 May 2011

Shimano M424 SPD Pedals

ShThe pedals I invested in and upgraded too as my first venture in to the wonderful world of clip-less pedals was a pair of Shimano M424 spd pedals.
 Costing less than £30 these pedals in my opinion are ideal for SPD newbies! The build quality is excellent, with a very well made and solid SPD mechanism in the centre of the pedal that pops up when in use, and can be pushed down when you chose not to use it.
For me this gives me the options I need to ride clipped in or not, dependent on where I am riding, circumstances and choice of footwear.
The Shimano M424 pedal transforms and works as the best-of-both-worlds clip-less or platform pedal. Exterior cage is made of a hard wearing plastic resin, which I have no issues with at all. So far I have ridden many hard miles and to date they have never let me down.
Full spec from Chain Reactions website is....
SPD Off-Road Sport Pedal 
Features 
• Dual-sided pop-up bindings that position the body at 12.5 degrees angle for easy and fast entry. • Large cages for non-cleated shoes for all around use. • Low maintenance sealed bearing cartridge axle. • Cleat tension adjustment for each rider preference.
Specifications:
• SPD Cleat Surfaces - both surfaces • Pop-up Floating Cage - Yes • Spindle Thread - BC 9/16” x 20T.P.I. • Spindle - chrome-moly • Cartridge Spindle - Yes • Cleat Retention Indicator - Yes • Cleat Retention Adjuster - Yes • Pedal Body - aluminum/ barrel • Cage - resin • Average Weight - 472g (pair)


http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=7808

No comments:

Post a Comment